Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The World We Want



"The World We Want is a platform created by the United Nations and civil society to amplify people's voices in the process of building a global agenda for sustainable development."

Sustainable development got my attention.

Then I looked further and saw the page above. While I was initially disappointed that "protecting forests, rivers and oceans" didn't seem to be a high priority for many, I do understand that it is not that simple and involves health, education and income.

I decided to put in my details and the column to the right reflects a woman living in Denmark between the ages of 35 and 54 (I'm not telling.....) and the top priority was protecting nature.... and I haven't even joined yet and contributed. \0/

No comments:

Post a Comment