Monday, June 3, 2013

My inspiration for today

I wish I'd written this but then I wouldn't need to read it every day..... every day that I sit down in front of my computer and waste time...... which, lets face it, is every day.

"It sure is easy to waste time sitting at a computer. I’d list the ways, but you know the ways. Some of that time is required because we’re decompressing. But some of that time is because we’re being lazy, procrastinating, or worse, lacking the self-awareness to even realize we’re burning hours.

I don’t have a solution, but I have one little idea. Every time you sit down at the computer, do at least one thing of significant lasting value. Think through a problem. Write an email that connects with someone. Design something new or iterate a design that needs it. Help someone. Write something intended for publication. Work on the digital empire that is you."

By Chris Coyier on The Pastry Box Project.

No comments:

Post a Comment