Monday, November 23, 2009

Yay, dirt is a good thing.....


It's great to see some research into proving dirt is good for kids. The BBC have an article about research from the School of Medicine at University of California, San Diego. Apparently, "normal bacteria living on the skin trigger a pathway that helps prevent inflammation when we get hurt. The bugs dampen down overactive immune responses that can cause cuts and grazes to swell." Well, I for one think it's great.....

I won't be telling my boys any time soon but I certainly won't be giving them a hard time about getting dirty any more.....

2 comments:

  1. Love this image! The San Diego Foudation is releaseing a parks report on the importance of park access for kids. Would be great to include this picture. Can you email me at marisa@sdfoundation.org?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like It!n please check out my site - www.thecityofplay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete