Friday, November 27, 2009

I'm no Wilberforce or Huxley


Debating isn't my strong point and yet when I feel strongly about something I wish I had the debating skills to equal the passion..... but I always fall short.

I tried to talk to someone recently about this study being done in the UK, the EarlyBird Diabetes Trust, (it has been mentioned in an article I posted about last month), about the findings that food and not activity seem to be more of a factor in the current obesity/diabetes epidemic. But my powers of persuasion, my oratorial skills, my you-should-believe-everything-I-say-because-I-am-right argument didn't wash. They were unimpressed......

What I needed to say was this, follow this link to the physical activity section.

I don't know if that would have worked but at least I wouldn't have ended the discussion with a pathetic aside of "Well, I have a blog about the subject and feel very strongly about it....". A comment I am being teased mercilessly about in the cold light of day.

So, it's time to brush up your Shakespeare, start quoting him now.... and hopefully a little literary pomposity will win people over. Failing that, I'll just do what the Queen Mum would do and say "We shall have fog by teatime." (Yay, Victoria Wood)

No comments:

Post a Comment