Saturday, January 16, 2010

Should I practice what I preach?


I do struggle with my choices in life, as I think we all do. Private school or public? Car or bus? Red or white wine?

So, when I read this article about Steve Barr and watched the video of the speech he made, I was struck again by how I don't practice what I preach. I do believe that all children are entitled to a good education and that we as a society are responsible for providing that, but when the local education system is severely lacking and I can offer my children more.... what am I to do?

Steve Barr founded Green Dot, a great organisation charged with transforming public education in Los Angeles and beyond. Maybe, as he says, we should all demand more from our local schools and governments.

Oh, and at the moment, it's red.


No comments:

Post a Comment